At TIPS we offer the following two subjects at IGCSE level to give opportunities to the students with interest in other than science subjects.
The Cambridge IGCSE Economics syllabus develops an understanding of economic terminology and principles and of basic economic theory.
- The interrelated economies of developed and developing nations .
- Handle simple data and undertake economic analysis,
- Evaluate information and discriminate between facts
- Value judgements in economic issues.
The syllabus also encourages a better understanding as consumers, producers or citizens of the local, national and international community.
The Information Communication Technology syllabus encourages learners to develop lifelong skills, which will be useful to them in their work across the curriculum and prepare them for future employment.
They will develop:
- Understanding of the implications of technology in society,
- Economic and ethical uses
- Analysis, design, implement, test and evaluate ICT systems, ensuring that they are fit for purpose
The syllabus combines theoretical and practical studies focusing on the ability to use common software applications to solve problems, including word processors, spreadsheets, databases, interactive presentation software, web browsers and website design.