ICT Starters gives schools a flexible framework to develop learners’ ICT competence. Modules can be delivered according to the needs of each learning situation and age of the learners – across the curriculum or as a separate course of study.
Learners develop key ICT skills in a range of applications including word processing, computer graphics, databases, spreadsheets, email, internet, presentations, video/animation and web authoring. They also consider wider issues such as internet safety and adapting their work to the audience. Technology projects have detailed step by step instructions, that are used to integrate technology into curriculum effectively to create meaningful learning opportunities for students. Each technology project contains theme-related assignments that use Microsoft and Adobe applications. It helps the students to:
- write a report, article, or letter using Word
- produce an presentation, ad, or story with PowerPoint
- record, calculate, graph, and analyze data with Excel
- store and manipulate data on a topic using Access
- create a digital scrapbook using Photoshop